Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Don't Know Margo!

One of my favorite Christmas movies is "Christmas Vacation." That's where the title of this post comes from. My favorite line of the movie...for some reason. I think it's because Mindy and I used to do the dialogue between Margo and Todd. We thought it was hilarious. Anyway, I didn't get around to watching it this season, and now that Christmas day has come and gone it's too late. Do you ever feel like that? I mean, we spend two months listening to Christmas music and decorating the house, but as soon as clock strikes 12 on Christmas night...it's done. I snap out of the Christmas mood and I am ready for life to be "normal" again. Wierd, I know. Is anybody else like that?

Our Christmas was fab this year. I wrapped all of David's presents individually. Big mistake. I think David would have enjoyed Christmas more if all of his new toys, clothes, and books were all in one giant box. Unwrap one thing, play for a couple of hours. Instead, we practically had to force David to put down his Thomas the Train and open another gift. It took us 2 hours just to do David's gifts. Every gift he opened he NEEDED to play with it right then and there. I guess I'll know better for the future.

After all is said and done, we had a great Christmas this year. Filled with family, fun, laughter, love, joy, hot chocolate, and jewelry! Let's hope New Year's weekend is just as fun. Last year for New Year's I remember yelling, "Pause it!" (Referring to the DVR, just as the ball was about to drop) I hope I'm more prepared with the sparkling cider this year so I don't miss the moment!

2 comments:

Andy and Robyn said...

I am totally the same with Christmas. By the 26th I am ready for the decorations to be down~by then I am feeling claustrophobic by all the decorations. :) But Christmas in and of itself is WONDERFUL! :) And I am cracking up thinking of you and Ryan 'encouraging' David to hustle it up already with the gifts!!! ha ha :)

Carlin said...

Ash, I have MISSED you! I got seriously giddy when I saw you had updated. I think I even giggled:)

I remember Hunter being like that last year with his presents! He was much more into actually opening them this year. And I laughed out loud at "pause it!" Ash, you do realize you can't pause real life and you actually missed ringing in the new year, right?:)